To manage our communications with clients and other stakeholders we are looking for an experienced
As our communications manager you will support us on a part-time basis to implement and oversee communications activities that effectively describe and promote Profundo and its services. The communications manager will need to perform a variety of tasks including:
- managing and improving our website contents;
- writing and editing our annual reports and external newsletters;
- overseeing our social media accounts;
- following media reports relevant to the work of Profundo;
- building up contacts with media representatives;
- collaborating with the communications staff of our clients to generate public attention for published reports;
- aiding in the preparation of presentations;
- overseeing the production of brochures, both electronic and printed; and
- supporting colleagues to strengthen their acquisition efforts.
What we expect
It is essential that you have worked within a busy communications environment before, in a marketing, media relations or journalistic capacity. You should be able to demonstrate experience of developing contacts and generating ideas within a professional arena, preferably within an organization that works in the field of sustainability and social justice.
We additionally expect you to:
- have excellent English written and communication skills and good Dutch communication skills;
- be creative and have the ability to work with designers to develop creative ideas;
- possess excellent organizational, time management and planning skills;
- have strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital/social media;
- be passionate about sustainability and social justice;
- live within commuting distance of our office in Amsterdam.
What we offer
At Profundo you will be able to work on varied communication projects with a high social relevance, within an organizational structure which aims to enable your personal and professional development.
Additionally we offer:
- an international team of highly motivated colleagues with diverse fields of expertise;
- a wide network of inspiring clients from all over the world;
- a friendly office close to the Amsterdam Sloterdijk train station;
- a contract for 16-20 hours per week (to be determined in consultation);
- flexible working hours and the option to work part-time from home;
- an attractive salary, depending on background and experience; and
- a good pension scheme, a generous commuting allowance and other fringe benefits.
For more information on Profundo, please visit this website. If you have further questions, feel free to call or send an email to Mara Werkman ( 31-(0)20-8208320 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please send your application, including a motivation letter and a curriculum vitae, no later than 24 January 2017 to Jan Willem van Gelder via email@example.com.
We will plan the job interviews between 30 January and 3 February 2017.